Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

So I've been home in Ohio for about a week. My weekend in Champaign was great. I saw Tessa and Justin, spent time with Ryan and Katy. Pizza, Beer, Trival Pursuit (which I suck at) and Up. What could be better?


Sunday was great. We went to the Danville Vineyard. It's pretty cool, and it's exciting to see a young church plant doing so well. We went to the Busey Children's Christmas party, where I got to see more familiar faces. And I went to Godsearch Sunday night.

Which brings me to Ohio. I haven't done much, but it's been good to spend time with my family. Sara and I went to Ikea on Friday. I got some really great ideas for organization and planning. You know, once I get my own place and I have money to spend. This Ikea was smaller than the Chicago store, so it wasn't quite as overwhelming. And we both managed to leave without buying anything!


Saturday the girls came over to make chocolate covered pretzels. What a mess! Saturday night we went down to Christmas in Loveland. It's was rainy and cold, but we got to see the live nativity, ride a horse drawn carriage and a train. The girls made ornaments too.
I've been watching a lot of movies (thank you Redbox) Star Trek, Carriers (both featuring Chris Pine) I'm about to watch Public Enemies, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall. So in honor of all the movie watching, I have assembled by holiday movie list for theaters (thank you Katy)
  • It's Complicated (just because John Krasinski is in it)
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • Leap Year
  • Nine
  • Young Victoria

I'm going to have a lot to do when I get back to Champaign!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see Sherlock Holmes to...maybe we could make it a girls night when you get back :)
    Cor

    ReplyDelete