Saturday, December 12, 2009

God's got His hand on you so, Don't Live Life in Fear

Wow, this week has flown by, which is exactly what I wanted it to do.


Last weekend was amazing. It was so good to see Rachel and do our Christmas in the Chapel/First Wok tradition. Christmas in the Chapel was great as usual, but it was so weird not to see the regular main cast from previous years. I guess you'll have that when you're 3 years removed from the school. For example, Steph was a freshman when I was a senior, and she's a senior now, getting ready to go on her internship and then graduate!!


Sunday was great too, I went to Sonny and Rachel's church, and then we went out to lunch. They are such an incredible blessing to me, and I'm so glad that we will be closer to each other soon.



Monday was the last day of official classes, and I only had two to go to anyway. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent studying, doing my final project for Design, cleaning, and packing. It also snowed almost all day Tuesday and most of the day on Wednesday. We got a few inches, but the killer is the wind chill, as usual. I was walking across campus on Thursday and my hands started burning it was so cold, and I had gloves on!


Thursday was great. My final critique went really well. They had another professor critique as well as my two professors for the class, and they all gave good insight on my project and the process that I had. I prepared a little something to say, and they said that they were most impressed that I understood the process and stuck with something because I felt like it was a good place to start. That was very encouraging.


Thursday night I picked up Ryan and Katy at the train station after their concert, and we hung around my tiny apartment and then went to bed, I had to be up early for exams for Friday anyway! I have found that it is super quiet in here at night, and having a sliding "closet" door for a bedroom door doesn't exactly lend itself to privacy. It was funny though.


Friday I took my last two finals at Judson!!! Yippee. Then we started our way into the city. We stopped at Ikea on the way to look for a coffee table. That place is huge and overwhelming. Just to give you an idea of the vastness, here's an aerial view. It was so confusing, but a really strategic layout as a business model. You couldn't get from one floor to the next by escalator without walking each level. If that makes sense. The up and down escalators didn't match up on each floor. And they had sweet individual escalators for your cart. That was interesting.






So after successfully finding a good coffee table, we got back on the road to head for Goose Island. And it was a really great time. I'm so glad we were able to plan this little trip and use our gift certificates. In total, for the three of us, we managed to spend $150 on food, drink, and merch, but we only paid $75. Sweet Deal!! And instead of drinking full glasses of everything, we tried samples of a variety, which was probably better for me in the long run. I had...Blonde Ale, Mild Winter, Nut Brown Ale, Blonde Rascal, and a taste of the Bourbon County Brand Stout (definitely not for my taste). We got three Goose Island Glasses, they're pretty sweet, and Katy and I got tshirts too.






We're pretty much amazing and know how to get a good deal on stuff!!
Michigan Ave. was so pretty last night all lit up with Christmas lights. I would have enjoyed it more if I had time to stop and look, but I was more concerned with driving in downtown Chicago. All in all, a great trip. Good semester of change and growth in my artwork, but I'm ready for a month break to be at home...and I'm ready to be back in Champaign.
I should probably mention the Title and the Song. It's from a band called Sidewalk Prophets and it's called "The Words I Would Say" and I just love everything about the lyrics right now.
Be strong in the Lord
Never give up hope
You're gonna do great things
I already know
God's got His hand on you so
Don't live life in fear
Forgive and forget
But don't forget why you're here
Take your time and pray
These are the words I would say
I don't know what I need to do and when I need to do it, but I know that I don't want to be here. And it feels like this chorus is just talking to me. Don't give up hope, you're going to do great things, and God has his hand on me, and I shouldn't fear, which is always a fallback emotion for me.
I'm headed for Champaign today! Reindeer park, icing cookies, dinner for today. Sunday is Church, Kid's Christmas party, maybe Godsearch. Then Ohio on Monday afternoon. Welcome Home Sam, in both places: family, friends, familiarity, support (sorry that doesn't start with an 'f').

No comments:

Post a Comment