My first late night was a couple of weeks ago with my design assignment, previously mentioned in my Wednesday Workings blog. That was partly due to Rachel coming for a surprise visit on her way home from her sister's soccer game. So good to see her! It was strange not being able celebrate our birthday's together. This is the first birthday we haven't celebrated since our Sophomore year at Lincoln. But dinner was good, and I got to show her a little bit of the building before I had to go to class and she had to finish her drive.
The most exciting thing in the past couple of weeks has been my trip down to Champaign. Last Friday, I skipped my classes to drive down in the morning. I hung out with my favorite cool people during the day and tried some good stuff at Crane Alley Friday night.
Saturday I went over to the Waters' new house in Champaign to help them move stuff in. I cleaned a lot, and smelled likie bleach by the end of the afternoon. It's such a cute house, great wood floors, awesome porch, nice basement (where my room is!!) One of the funniest things happened at dinner. We were all talking about how Zeke calls it the Acorn House because there are huge acorns all around their property. Since it was so windy last weekend, the acorns were falling like rain, very dangerous! Anyway, so we're telling this story about the Acorn Shower and Corrie says "yeah, it was NUTS!!!!" get it? Acorns, nuts? HAHAHAHAHA. Funniest part was that she didn't even realize what she was saying. I love her!
Saturday was Katy's Lia Sophia party. We did very well, and I got to see people that I haven't seen since I moved, so BONUS!
I got a new book while I was in Champaign. Donald Miller's new book. I love it so far, I just want to read it all day with a great cup of coffee, but I have work to do. It's about living a great story, and realizing that it's a great story, not just a bunch of random experiences. You can read the first 30 pages on his website. It's enough to get your hooked...if you like to read. http://donmilleris.com/
The drive back to Elgin was nice, too. I had a great new cd to listen to (thanks for making it for me!). I have conveniently titled my blog with my favorite song's chorus from Thrice's new album, Beggars. It's a song called In Exile. Seriously, the entire cd is great, even the bonus tracks. And just because I love this song so much, here's the whole song.I am in exile, a sojourner
A citizen of some other place
All I’ve seen is just a glimmer in a shadowy mirror
But I know, one day we’ll see face to face
A citizen of some other place
All I’ve seen is just a glimmer in a shadowy mirror
But I know, one day we’ll see face to face
I am a nomad, a wanderer
I have nowhere to lay my head down
I have nowhere to lay my head down
There’s no point in putting roots too deep when I’m moving on
Not settling for this unsettling town
My heart is filled with songs of forever
The city that endures when all is made new
I know I don’t belong here, I’ll never
Call this place my home, I’m just passing through
The city that endures when all is made new
I know I don’t belong here, I’ll never
Call this place my home, I’m just passing through
I am a pilgrim, a voyager
I won’t rest until my lips touch the shore
Of the land that I’ve been longing for as long as I’ve lived
Where they’ll be no pain or tears anymore
I won’t rest until my lips touch the shore
Of the land that I’ve been longing for as long as I’ve lived
Where they’ll be no pain or tears anymore
Beautiful song...simply beautiful.
I should probably get to my homework that's due tomorrow. I think that's really it. Oh yeah, my countdowns:
Hanson: October 12, 11 days!
Fall Break: October 19-20, 18 days!
Prosser Wedding: November 7, 37 days!

where's your illini hoodie?
ReplyDeleteThe song suits you very well on how you feel.
this is all the reading i can handle. sorry donald miller
ReplyDelete