Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Giving in to Something Heavenly

Last week was a super crazy week. 2 concerts + 3 midterms = little sleep. At least the concerts were worth it. I could barely stay awake for my Midterm Critique on Tuesday. My ears were also fuzzy from Hanson. But the critique went well. Both positive feedback and constructive criticism for me to learn from.


Wednesday was a long day as usual. But I managed to win a ticket to Sanctus Real and Addison Road in the chapel. The concert started at 7, but I had class til 8, so I missed the two opening bands, but got there right as Addison Road was getting on stage. I really love Addison Road and a lot of the meaning behind their songs. Obviously. It was good to hear the songs live. I also got to meet Addison Road after the concert!

I only knew a few Sanctus Real songs, but one song that I listened to non stop before my move from Champaign was especially meaningful to me. The chorus is this:

Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly




Thursday I had my design midterm. It didn't take very long, and I felt fairly confident. My prof already posted my grade online. I got a B+ for the midterm exam and so far I have a B+ for the class!! That makes me happy.

I was supposed to study for my two midterms on Thursday night, but I couldn't bring myself to be motivated, so instead I woke up at 5 on Friday morning to study. My first midterm was all writing for History of Civilizations. I wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be, but I did what I could. And that grade is also posted, 95% for the exam, 95% for the class so far. Imagine what would happen if I actually tried in that class. My last midterm was Physics. I haven't gotten it back yet, but we'll see. Last time I thought I failed and I got a B, so hopefully that happens again.

After midterms and work was a 4 day weekend! Finally some time to relax. I watched a few movies because I felt like being lazy (Adventureland-watch it; Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist-don't bother; He's Just Not that Into You-watch it; The Women-watch it). I did manage to complete all the online chapter exams for my history class for the rest of the semester. Which means I only have the written assignments and the paper left for that class.


Rachel came up on Sunday night. On Monday we went to Frank Lloyd Wright's Home and Studio in Oak Park for a tour. It was incredible, I will do a Sunday Structure on that this coming weekend. It was kinda cool to walk around in the house and studio that he designed for himself and actually lived in.






I'm glad I had a chance to relax and spend time with Rachel. I needed to recoup after that last week. And now I feel refreshed to go back to school tomorrow and start the last half of the semester!

Also, totally random, but a few of my favorite things about Fall/Winter: Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks, and Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. I don't know why I'm so excited for Cranberry Splash, but I am...




3 comments:

  1. Wow. What a whirlwind. I was so glad to see you. Yay! Frankie may not be the most gentlemenly, but he can sure design a house. I hope the second half of your semester goes well. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thanks for showing me how to get to your Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist! Maybe b/c I love Michael Cera and Kat Dennings. I've seen the previews for Adventureland several times and have been debating on getting it on PPV some night.

    ReplyDelete