Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Speechless

So, I've been trying to name my blog titles after Hanson songs...and it should be easy, I have 10+ years of songs to choose from. And I suppose I really am speechless. But right now, I just want to sing this new song, "I'd need a Savior," from a new band, Among the Thirsty. The first verse is this:

How many names can I use to explain the love of my Jesus,
the life that he gave and so many times will I praise you today.
I lift up my life ‘cause you’re always the same
And my offering to you I bring



I shouldn't be speechless though, and I shouldn't be surprised really. But I find myself saying "ok God, I get it, you've got this thing under control" all the time.


First it was church at Harvest on Saturday. It was nice, I met a few people, but that's because I had to approach first, which is not a 'me' thing to do. But I was introduced to a few people that had some connections to Judson there.


Then it was church at Vineyard on Sunday. I walked into the building to be greeted by my neighbor. I had no idea he went there, and it was a huge comfort to me to see a familiar face. He introduced me to the staff before and after the service, and I definitely felt more of a 'home church' feel there. That also shouldn't surprise me, Vineyard is kinda known for being welcoming and friendly to everyone. So I've found two churches that I'll probably attend, Vineyard in the morning, Harvest for young adult group in the evening.




My biggest thing came today though. I had found 4 different chiropractic offices to call and try out. My first one was AcuCare Total Health. I saw their ad in a local magazine, some of their staff are Harvest members, so I called hoping that they would offer low payment plans without using health insurance. When I called to make an appointment, I started talking to the receptionist about being new and going to Judson. She said her husband is an alum of Judson, and also one of their housemates is an admissions counselor, the same one that I have emailed numerous times with questions in the last couple of months! They do offer payments without insurance, it's more expensive than Melby, but I figured I'm also living in the Chicago suburbs.











So anyway, I get there for my appointment and meet my doctor, who attends Harvest. I told him I was new to the area and had visited Harvest this past weekend. So then he starts telling me his story about moving his family here from Minnesota so his children could attend Harvest's school. He kept saying that it was a total God thing and how God's hand is in everything. And he said that before he sees any of his patients, he prays for them, that he would give them the best care and options for them, and that God would work through him to help people. I teared up a little, and then told him why I moved here and that it was also a total God thing. So anyway, he adjusted me, and I feel a lot better, and a lot less tense than what I was from the move.



Isn't it funny how God just puts people in your life at the right moment? People in Champaign told me to try out Harvest, my neighbor is a member of the Vineyard here, the receptionist at AcuCare and I have a connection through her housemate, I didn't have a preference for doctor and she put me with this doctor, who just happens to pray for me before he treats me.


It's like all these little things that I need to take care of are coming together. I was confident albeit apprehensive that Judson was where God wanted me to be for school. But with these little things, this is God telling me over and over again that I'm ok, and He's got this. I need little reminders occasionally...or maybe on a daily basis. He knows that.

No comments:

Post a Comment