Monday, August 31, 2009

Organizational Assignment

First of all, I went to the first home soccer game this past weekend, I proudly wore my Blue Crew tshirt (and really, that was because I wanted the free DQ Dilly Bar that I got for wearing the shirt) yay Blue Crew!!! It's kinda like the Orange Krush...except not really.






Anyway, Sunday afternoon I started some hardcore work on my first Design I assignment. I started out with a sketchbook page filled with things that describe me. Then, I cut it up into 1-inch squares. I think that's what took the most time for me. I put those into three catagories, one with mostly white space, one with half white and half writing, and one with mostly writing on it.








Then, I had to pick 13 different squares and arrange them however I wanted them on the top half of the page. On the bottom half, I had to reverse the colors. So what was white on the top became black on the bottom, black on the top became white on the bottom, you get the idea. The first picture is a little more than half way done, and then I have my completely assignment.
Yay for my first assignment, completely with a mere 6 and a half hours of studio time!




Speaking of studio time, that reminds me of last Friday's chapel. We did some Number game to start off with. On average, a Judson student will take 30 credit hours this year, good students will spend 900 hours studying outside of class studying, mediocre students will spend 225 hours outside of class studying, and the big kicker...drumroll please...Architecture Students will be in the studio 2700 hours this school year. 2700 hours!! That's dedication right there.
I also have some pictures of the studio, and me working, just for the heck of it.

3 comments:

  1. projects are looking good. nice touch on the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that shirt...the purple one. The blue one's just ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hate cutting out all of those fucking squares..

    ReplyDelete