Thursday, March 31, 2011

30 Days of Photos: Day Seven

Day 7: A picture of your most treasured item.

This one is really difficult. I was trying to think of the first thing that I would grab in case of a fire, thinking that might be the key to finding my treasured item, and I came up with my laptop, but that's only because I have all of my projects and portfolio stuff on it that I would need to recover. I don't really think that is my most treasured item though. Just necessity. I could say a scrapbook, but all those pictures can be found elsewhere, so that's not a huge deal. Most of the things I have are easily replaced: books, movies, picture frames.

So I guess it's time that I come clean with how big of a dork I really am. So I bought this book that Hanson wrote of their experience in Africa, and what their trip inspired them to do with their music in order to help people. Their enthusiasm has really been a catalyst for my own enthusiasm to create and give back with my architecture. Anyway, when I got the book, there was a signed copy of the book cover along with it. So I framed it. Also in the frame is one of Isaac's guitar picks that I caught (or it just landed on me) at one of the concerts I was at.

There we have it. Cue the ' Sam, you're a big nerd' comments.

1 comment: