Saturday we made the drive from Elgin to Champaign. We unloaded my belongings into a storage unit (I'm amazed that everything fit) and then headed over to the Waters' to celebrate Zeke's birthday. After the party, I moved my stuff into my room here. It's a pretty sweet deal, if I do say so myself.
Sunday, we all went to church and then small group at night here. I think I'm going to really enjoy it. It a different mix of people, so I think that will be good. After small group I got to go over to Katy's to hang out with her for a bit.
Monday was a bank holiday, so I hung out with Cor and the kids and did some shopping for necessary items.

Tuesday was my first day back at Busey. I was kinda just thrown back into things, which worked out really well for me. I'm glad that I remembered most of everything, at least the basic stuff, I might need some time and refreshers for some of the stuff that isn't done on a daily basis. It's good to be back there. I get to see some of my same favorite customers again!




All in all, a great first week back. I am so excited to be back. And I'm so blessed that things have really worked out for my return. I know it's all God, because I could not have planned the events that have happened. I'm glad that I took a semester a Judson and took the leap to go there when I wasn't sure of what was going to happen, and I'm glad that I'm back in Champaign and ready to really start at U of I with a renewed passion for what I want to do with Architecture and how I want to accomplish it.
Tuesday was fantastic. Rachel had tickets to the Illini/Purdue game. So Rach, Katy and I went. And we had AWESOME seats. The people that gave Rach the tickets had season passes with a parking space included! Even though they didn't win, it was still a good game. I'm going to have to learn all the songs for when I go to school in August. It's a necessity, it really is.
Wednesday, I went with Katy and Amanda to the gym. I got a great deal on joining, and it's not a bad monthly fee only $19.95. But the most amazing thing is that Busey reimburses you if you are a part of a gym, $12 every month. So basically I have a gym membership for $8 a month! Yeah, that's pretty awesome, you can go ahead and say it. The workout kicked my butt because I haven't done anything in a while, but I'll get there.

Thursday was pretty typical, I don't really think I have much to say about Thursday.
Friday was madness. Pure madness, but being short staffed made the day go by faster, and who can say no to free lunch...right? And also a free beer, ah yes, so good. It's like Crane was welcoming me back to Champaign...or maybe just my coworkers and friends. Regardless, good night, even though I was exhausted.
Today I had a Lia Sophia event. We introduced the new catalog that starts in February. Hurry now to purchase the pieces that are retiring at the end of January!! Also let me know if you want to host a party with the new catalog in February!! My guests got some good collectors pieces, and we generally had a good time. Then Rachel and I went to lunch and got ready for Winterjam at Assembly Hall. It was only $10 at the door. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me. My favorites were Third Day (of course!) and Tenth Avenue North. I knew I liked 10th Ave before seeing them live, but they are fantastic, but they only got to sing 3 songs. Newsboys was really strange to see with Michael Tait as the lead singer. They sang some old school Newsboys, and also sang Jesus Freak. That will take some getting used to for me...seeing as I grew up with DC Talk and Newsboys. I feel like I should call them DCboys...or maybe NewsTalk, but I won't.
Now to start the next week, which is sure to be as busy as this last week.

Hey Sam! Well, I've just read about your first week back in Champaign and to tell you the truth I'm exhausted just reading about everything you accomplished this week! (in fact, I feel a nap coming on) But I'm so glad for the wonderful week you had. Yes, God is certainly making His presence known to you lately. What a great feeling it must be to know how much He loves you! Have another great week, I'll be thinking and praying for you. Love ya, Mom
ReplyDelete